STEINBACH DENTAL CLINIC operates the www.steinbachdentalclinic.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Steinbach Dental Clinic website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Steinbach Dental Clinic is committed to protecting the personal information they collect from our patients. This information includes: medical history, address, phone numbers, credit card information, insurance information, marital status, and dependents.
Personal information is used by our office for the following:
- To assess dental health needs
- To advise patients their treatment options
- To enable communication with the patient for the following purposes:
- Follow-up for treatment, care and billings
- Booking and confirmation of appointments
- Distribution of dental health information
- To communicate with other treating dentists and healthcare providers, including specialists and / or referring dentists
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements as stated in The Dental Association Act, which would include:
- Delivery of patient charts, radiographs, and other materials to the Manitoba Dental Association for the purposes of reviewing patient complaints
- To prepare materials for peer review as identified in The Dental Association Act
- To complete and submit dental claims to insurance companies for review and payment under the patient’s insurance plan
- To process payments for dental care and purchases from our office
- To assist in the collection of outstanding accounts
- To permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisers to evaluate the dental practice and/or conduct an audit in preparation of its sale
- To comply with PIPEDA